Dr. Omar Baarini completed his General Podiatry degree from LaTrobe University in 2004. Following this, he completed his Masters degree at the University of South Australia, and then undertook his surgical fellowship through the Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons. In his time in training in foot and ankle surgery, Dr. Baarini has spent extensive periods training in the United Kingdom and the United States. He has also taken various courses internationally (including Germany, Hong Kong, and Jakarta).
Dr. Baarini has a particular interest in keeping patients ambulatory post surgery. He aims to provide a non-invasive surgical approach to achieve this. He also has a deep interest in helping provide surgical training and performing charity surgical work in third world countries. He has been involved in charity surgical missions abroad, and aims to continue doing this work into the future.
Dr Baarini consults from Talaria – Podiatrist of Thornbury monthly.
Specialist in treating the following conditions:
- Bunions – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/bunions
- Hammer Toes/Toe Deformities – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/hammer-toes
- Morton’s Neuroma – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/mortons-neuroma
- In-Grown Toenails – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/ingrown-toenail
- Arthritic Joints – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/arthritic-joint
- Heel Spurs – https://www.thefootsurgeon.com.au/heel-pain
- Nerve Entrapment
- Trauma related injuries – fracture/dislocation